- Published: Friday, 24 March 2017 09:36
Fentanyl Drug Presentation
Tuesday, May 9 at 7pm at the Brooklyn Fire Hall.
- Published: Tuesday, 14 March 2017 12:03
Public Engagement Sessions Re. Community Priorities
On Jan. 11, 2017, the Town held a public engagement session to discuss priorities and how to action those priorities.
Citizen and business members provided valuable input and signed up for action-items they would be interested in learning more about and/or contributing to.
On-going discussions with each individual priority group has or is still taking place...ways to action the priorities to move Windsor forward.
For more information, please click on the
Jan. 11, 2017 Public Engagement Session Notes
As each individual priority/action group meets, those notes will also be added below: (EVERYONE IS INVITED TO ATTEND THESE MEETINGS). HOPE TO SEE YOU HERE!
- Vibrant Downton & Waterfront including Fort Edward Lands - March 6, 2017 Group Session
- Encompassing Communications Strategy (meeting to be held Monday, March 20th at 6pm in Committee Rm next to Council Chambers, 100 King St).
- Diverse & Welcoming Community (meeting was held March 9th. Notes posted soon).
- Emphasis on Arts, Culture & Recreation (meeting to be held Thursday, March 23rd at 7pm in Committee Rm next to Council Chambers, 100 King St).
- Partner and Develop Community Fiber Technology Asset
- Competitive Tax Structure
- Best Governance Structure to Achieve Goals (working together initiatives: Windsor and WH Cooperation MOU Feb 8, 2017 , 2017 Joint Council Terms of Reference signed Windsor and West Hants ,)
THIS IS YOUR (OUR) COMMUNITY.
IT'S NOT (NEVER) TOO LATE TO ASK QUESTIONS, LEARN, PROVIDE INPUT, AND PARTICIPATE.
- Published: Wednesday, 15 March 2017 08:39
Spring 2017 Windsor Recreation Programs Brochure
Believe it or not, SPRING IS ON ITS WAY! And, so are Windsor's Spring recreation programs.
As usual, there are some old favourites along with a number of new programs.
Registration Dates: March 20th and onward (until the start of the program).
Registration Location: Windsor Town Office, 100 King St. 8:30am - 4:30pm Mon-Fri (excl. holidays). You can pay by cash, cheque, and debit.
- Published: Tuesday, 14 March 2017 08:47
Valley Business Leaders' Initiative (VBLI)
CALLING ALL BUSINESS LEADERS - Be part of the movement that is growing the Annapolis Valley. Come to the VBLI Economic Summit 2017.
Where: Old Orchard Inn, Wolfville, NS
When: Monday, Apr. 3, 2017 from 8:30am - 3:00pm
Click here for more information.
- Published: Tuesday, 29 November 2016 12:06
Are you interested? Want to Learn, Participate & Have a Say?
We have spots available!
The Town of Windsor is looking for you...looking for community citizens interested in learning & participating on our Boards/Committees. We currently have the following positions available:
Police Advisory Board - 1 position available for a two-year term.
Start April 1, 2017 and end March 31, 2019.
Police Advisory Board Application Form 2017
Terms of Reference
(A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required before appointment to the Board)
Please forward your application as noted below. If submitting via e-mail, please ensure "Board Citizen-Member Appointment" is in the SUBJECT LINE. If sending via mail, send to:
Shelleena Thornton, Municipal Clerk
PO Box 158, 100 King St.
Windsor, NS B0N 2T0
- Published: Friday, 24 February 2017 10:50
March 28 at 7pm - Public Hearing - Proposed Land Use By-Law Amendment
Regarding Urban Agriculture (Laying Hens and Beekeeping)
THIS PUBLIC HEARING WILL BE HELD MARCH 28, 2017 DUE TO A FURTHER SLIGHT AMENDMENT TO THE LAND USE BYLAW RE. A PERMIT BEING REQUIRED. AN UPDATED RECOMMENDATION REPORT IS AVAILABLE HERE . Members of the public are invited to attend this meeting and make written or oral representation concerning this matter. Anyone wishing to obtain reports concerning this subject may do so by contacting the Town of Windsor Planning Department, 100 King Street, Windsor, N.S. between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or by calling (902) 798-6689.