- Published: Monday, 15 October 2018 14:12
Wanna Know the Goods about Town Meetings?
All of our meetings are open to the public and listed on the "events calendar" of our website for the current month. Agendas to the meetings are usually posted no later than the Friday BEFORE the scheduled meeting. Sometimes meeting dates have to be changed but we do our best to ensure they're updated on our calendar.
- Published: Thursday, 04 October 2018 12:55
Public Hearing & Second Reading
Commercial Development District Improvement Bylaw # 44
WE WANT TO HELP YOU DEVELOP IN OUR COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT WITH A FINANCIAL INCENTIVE!
Pursuant to the provisions of the Municipal Government Act;
SECOND READING of the COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT IMPROVEMENT BYLAW # 44 will occur at the Windsor Town Council meeting on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in Windsor Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, 100 King Street, Windsor, NS.
PURPOSE and AUTHORITY: Sections 71 (c) and 71(d) “allows municipalities to permit the phasing in, over a period of up to ten (10) years, of an increase to the taxable assessed value of certain commercial properties located within a commercial development district (CDD) and will allow the municipality to provide a partial rebate on taxes paid by the owner during the phase-in period.”
Anyone wishing to inspect or obtain a copy of the proposed Commercial Development District Improvement Bylaw # 44 may do so at the Windsor Town Office, 100 King Street, Windsor, NS between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm Monday – Friday, excluding Statutory Holidays, or, it may be viewed by clicking on Commercial Development District Improvement Bylaw #44 . (NOTE: The report indicates "First Reading" however, first reading occurred at the Sept. 25, 2018 Council meeting so it proceeds to Second Reading and the public hearing Oct. 23rd; however, information and the proposed bylaw remains the same).
DATED at Windsor, in the County of Hants, this 26th day of September 2018.
- Published: Tuesday, 02 October 2018 09:39
Avon River Aboiteau Presentation
The following presentation was made at the September 27, 2018 Joint Council meeting 20180927 Avon River Aboiteau Windsor and West Hants Joint Council Presentation .
- Published: Tuesday, 02 October 2018 08:45
Own property in Nova Scotia?
2019 preliminary assessments are now available at https://www.pvsc.ca/en/home/default.aspx. You are encouraged to review your preliminary assessment and contact PVSC if you have questions, would like to provide additional property information, or wish to further discuss your property.
- Published: Thursday, 07 December 2017 08:27
Please have a listen to this...
This was shared with the Town and it's a-must to share with everyone. Enjoy!
- Published: Tuesday, 14 March 2017 12:03
Public Engagement Sessions Re. Community Priorities
On Jan. 11, 2017, the Town held a public engagement session to discuss priorities and how to action those priorities.
Citizen and business members provided valuable input and signed up for action-items they would be interested in learning more about and/or contributing to.
On-going discussions with each individual priority group has or is still taking place...ways to action the priorities to move Windsor forward.
For more information, please click on the
Jan. 11, 2017 Public Engagement Session Notes
As each individual priority/action group meets, those notes will also be added below: (EVERYONE IS INVITED TO ATTEND THESE MEETINGS). HOPE TO SEE YOU HERE!
- Vibrant Downton & Waterfront including Fort Edward Lands - March 6, 2017 Group Session
- Encompassing Communications Strategy (meeting was held Mar. 20th at 6pm in Committee Rm next to Council Chambers, 100 King St).
- Diverse and Welcoming Community (meeting was held Mar. 9th).
- Emphasis on Arts, Culture & Recreation (meeting was held Thur., Mar. 23rd at 7pm in Committee Rm next to Council Chambers, 100 King St).
- Partner and Develop Community Fiber Technology Asset
- Competitive Tax Structure (meeting was held Apr. 29th at 100 King St. (no one attended; therefore, no minutes/notes were taken).
- Best Governance Structure to Achieve Goals was held Apr. 29th (no one attended; therefore, no minutes/notes were taken). (Working together initiatives: Windsor and WH Cooperation MOU Feb 8, 2017 , 2017 Joint Council Terms of Reference signed Windsor and West Hants ,)
THIS IS YOUR (OUR) COMMUNITY.
IT'S NOT (NEVER) TOO LATE TO ASK QUESTIONS, LEARN, PROVIDE INPUT, AND PARTICIPATE.