- Published: Friday, 11 May 2018 09:41
Hydrant Flushing Notice - Windsor Water Utility
The Town of Windsor Water Utility would like to advise its customers that Dead End Line Hydrant Flushing will take place from May 14th to May25th. This is necessary to maintain a good water supply for both fire protection and domestic consumption.
Please be advised that flushing may cause some discolouration of water, as well as lower than normal pressure. Customers are cautioned to please check their water before washing clothes to prevent staining. If discolouration does occur, run your cold water taps for a short period until water clears.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Town of Windsor Water Utility
- Published: Tuesday, 08 May 2018 08:43
Financial Condition of NS Towns, Municipalities & Regions
The 2017 report of municipal indicators is now available for all town, municipalities & regions in NS.
Check https://novascotia.ca/dma/finance/indicators.asp for details and see how your town is doing and/or compares to others.
- Published: Tuesday, 01 May 2018 12:16
We Want Your Input!
Help Shape Our / Your Community to be Stronger & Healthier!
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS & ATTEND
- PROVIDE INPUT / EXCHANGE IDEAS
- Tuesday, May 15, 2018 (Environmental)
- Tuesday, June 19, 2018 (Social & Cultural)
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018 (Economic)
All are 6:30 – 8:30 P.M.
WHERE: Windsor Council Chambers, 100 King St, Windsor, NS (2nd Floor via elevator or stairs).
Healthy snacks will be provided!
WHY: Update Windsor’s Integrated Community Sustainability Plan (ICSP).
We want and need your input & participation!
WHAT: The ICSP is an active (on-going), long-term plan, developed in consultation with YOU back in 2009 & 2010 that identifies goals and actions for OUR community in the four foundations of sustainability:
• Environmental (e.g., long-term energy planning, solid waste management, climate change adaptation, and biodiversity and wildlife habitat preservation);
• Cultural (e.g., festivals and events, institutional and heritage buildings);
• Social (e.g., accessibility, affordable housing, transit, parks and recreation, public safety, emergency measures); and,
• Economic (e.g., community economic development (CED), tourism, downtown districts, commercial/industrial districts).
Over the years, the Town has tracked progress, and have had some other “priority” sessions with the public. However, now is time for another review and we would like your input. For more info & to view the existing ICSP, visit our Sustainable Communities page on our website.
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU HERE!
- Published: Thursday, 05 April 2018 08:43
Alexander Street Upgrade Project 2018
Information re. the Alexander Street Project will be posted on this external website https://www.alexander-street.com/ . Please "BOOKMARK" that website link and keep an eye on it for updated information.
- Published: Tuesday, 20 March 2018 12:47
Hockey Arena Project Presentation
A copy of the agenda & presentation from the Mar. 19, 2018 public information meeting can be found by clicking on 20180319 Public Info Committee of the Whole Mtg Re Hockey Arena Proj Agenda PKG
- Published: Wednesday, 07 March 2018 16:19
Hockey Arena at Long Pond Update Reports
Weekly info reports will be posted here.