- Published: Thursday, 11 July 2019 09:20
Tax Sale: July 24, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
In accordance with the Municipal Government Act of the Province of Nova Scotia, PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given that the following lands are being offered for taxes due at that time of sale to the Town of Windsor as described below and that unless taxes with interest and expenses are sooner paid in full, I shall proceed to sell the land at Public Auction, at the Council Chambers, W. B. Stephens Building, 100 King Street, Windsor, Nova Scotia on Wednesday, the 24th day of July, A.D., 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
Download full details: Town of Windsor Tax Sale Notice July 24th 2019
Assessment #: 03969347
WENTWORTH RD, LOT 11
Right of Redemption: Yes
Taxes, Interest & Estimated Expenses: $ 892.87
Assessment #: 00103934
LYON TODD MITCHELL
1952 KING STREET
Right of Redemption: Yes
Taxes, Interest & Estimated Expenses: $14,919.70
- Published: Wednesday, 03 July 2019 16:21
Pisiquid now OPEN
Please be advised that Lake Pisiquid is now OPEN.
- Published: Tuesday, 02 July 2019 17:22
Notice of Public Hearing – Re Windsor Waterfront Area
Tuesday, July 23, 2019
Town Council Chambers, Windsor Town Hall
100 King Street, Windsor, NS
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
BE A PART OF THE PROCESS!
The Town of Windsor will hold a Public Hearing to consider amendments to its planning documents to better enable investment along the Town’s waterfront area.
The staff report regarding these proposed amendments is available at the Town Planning office, 100 King Street, Windsor, Monday to Friday, 8:30am- 4:30pm, or you may view these documents: StaffReportPublicHearing Waterfront Plan Amendments 12 07 2019 , Windsor Draft June7 and ATTACHMENT 1 MPS and LUB Amendments .
- Published: Tuesday, 02 July 2019 12:23
** POSTPONED ** - New date TBA in the future
Notice of Public Hearing and Second Reading
Amended By-law #16 - Solid Waste By-law
Pursuant to the provisions of the Municipal Government Act;
SECOND READING of the PROPOSED AMENDED BYLAW #16 – SOLID WASTE BY-LAW will occur at the Windsor Town Council meeting on Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in Windsor Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, 100 King Street, Windsor, NS.
AUTHORITY OF PROPOSED BYLAW:
• LEGISLATIVE AUTHORITY: The NS Municipal Government Act (MGA) Section 172(1)(c) and Part XIII, Solid Waste Resource Management – Bylaw Regarding Solid Waste Section 325(a).
• SOLID WASTE-RESOURCE MANAGEMENT REGULATIONS: Section 102 of the Environment Act effective February 6, 2019, N.S. Reg 26/2019 – Part III – Litter Abatement – Prohibition against littering, Section 19(a), (b) and (c).
SUMMARY OF AMENDMENTS TO THE PROPOSED BYLAW INCLUDE:
• Addition of the ‘Legislative Authority’
• Addition of the definition of ‘littering’ within Section 16.01 (and renumbering of subsequent definitions)
• Changing Section/Clause 16.36 to include the ‘Littering’ Section (and renumbering of subsequent sections/clauses)
• Section/Clause 16.40 (removing the words ‘effective date’ and including the words “upon publication”.
Anyone wishing to inspect or obtain a copy of the proposed amended Bylaw #16 – Solid Waste Bylaw may do so at the Windsor Town Office, 100 King Street, Windsor, NS between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm Monday – Friday, excluding Statutory Holidays, or, it may be viewed here .
DATED at Windsor, in the County of Hants, this 26th day of June 2019.
- Published: Friday, 28 June 2019 09:38
Program Registration Forms 2019
Have you had the chance to register for our awesome line up of summer activities?
Links to our registration forms can be found below so you can print them off at home and simply visit us at either the Town Office (for our Recreation Programs) or at the Hants Aquatic Centre (for our swimming programs) to drop them off, with payment, to take part in one or more of the great activities we have planned!
- Published: Thursday, 27 June 2019 20:46
Appointment of Interim CAO
With the departure of Louis Coutinho, after 13 years of loyal and dedicated service as CAO of the Town of Windsor, Council is pleased to announce that Todd Richard has been appointed as Interim CAO beginning July 1st.