- Published: Monday, 11 September 2017 10:43
2017 Fall Windsor Recreation Programs
Welcome to an exciting line-up of programs for recreation, leisure and active-living pursuits. There are old favourites along with a number of new programs. Programs and events will also be added throughout the fall so be sure to stay up to date on the Windsor Recreation Facebook page.
- Published: Thursday, 31 August 2017 10:39
Public Notice - Second Reading of the Proposed Amended Firearms Bylaw #08
Pursuant to the provisions of the Municipal Government Act;
BE IT HEREBY RESOLVED that SECOND READING of the AMENDED FIREARMS BYLAW # 08 will occur at the Windsor Town Council meeting on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. in Windsor Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, 100 King Street, Windsor, NS.
THE PURPOSE: Section 172 (1) (a-b) of the Nova Scotia Municipal Government Act (MGA) provides municipalities with the power to make bylaws, for municipal purposes, respecting the health, well-being, safety and protection of persons and the safety and protection of property.
Section 174(c) of the Nova Scotia Municipal Government Act (MGA) provides municipalities with the power to make bylaws, for “the firing of firearms.”
Anyone wishing to inspect or obtain a copy of the proposed amended Firearms By-law #08 may do so at the Windsor Town Office, 100 King Street, Windsor, NS between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday, excluding Statutory Holidays, or, by clicking Proposed 08 Firearms Bylaw (Amended Sept 2017)
DATED at Windsor, in the County of Hants, this 30th day of August, 2017.
- Published: Monday, 14 August 2017 09:11
Mayor's Newsletter Summer 2017 - Town of Windsor
The Summer 2017 Mayor's Newsletter has gone out in the mail. You can also view it here .
- Published: Tuesday, 25 July 2017 13:41
We want to know what you want to know about!
We recently posted on our Town's Facebook page, asking what you want to know about. We are posting it here as well (along with the Q & A Fact Sheets to the Facebook questions).
Tell us what you want the FACTS on related to the town of Windsor and we will provide you with the facts. (But please be patient with us, we may need to do some research). Maybe it's something you're keen to learn about...or maybe you're hearing/reading about some stuff and just not sure what to believe. Don't be shy, ask away.
Staff will research it and post the "Fact Sheet" below (again, please be patient). This being said, we don't know everything, and in some cases, we aren't aware of the factual history, so may not be able to provide answers. But will definitely do our best!
FACT SHEETS TO QUESTIONS ASKED
- Metal Door & Antenna on King Street (Pressure Reduction Valve) Fact Sheet July 25, 2017
- Hwy 101 Twinning Update Fact Sheet July 25, 2017
- Dog Park Fact Sheet July 25, 2017
- Delapidated Buildings in Windsor Fact Sheet Update July 25, 2017
- Proposed Arena Facility Update Fact Sheet July 25, 2017
- Waste Water Lagoon & Foul Odor Fact Sheet July, 25, 2017
- Fracking Waste Water (aka Brine) Fact Sheet July 26, 2017
- Underwood Drive Barrier Fact Sheet Aug 01, 2017 (revised since July 25 sheet)
- Mini Pygmy Goat in Windsor Fact Sheet August 1, 2017
- Lights on Wentworth Rd leading into Sobeys & Central area Fact Sheet Aug 01, 2017
- Land Use Bylaw Change Fact Sheet August 9, 2017
- Giant Wooden Hockey Puck Fact Sheet Aug 15, 2017
- Bicycle Lanes Fact Sheet Aug 15, 2017
- Published: Wednesday, 12 April 2017 16:03
Recognize Any Places? "The Mist"
"The Mist" - much of it filmed right here in Windsor. Check out the trailer and be sure to tune in to Spike TV on June 22nd for its debut "The Mist" trailer
- Published: Tuesday, 14 March 2017 12:03
Public Engagement Sessions Re. Community Priorities
On Jan. 11, 2017, the Town held a public engagement session to discuss priorities and how to action those priorities.
Citizen and business members provided valuable input and signed up for action-items they would be interested in learning more about and/or contributing to.
On-going discussions with each individual priority group has or is still taking place...ways to action the priorities to move Windsor forward.
For more information, please click on the
Jan. 11, 2017 Public Engagement Session Notes
As each individual priority/action group meets, those notes will also be added below: (EVERYONE IS INVITED TO ATTEND THESE MEETINGS). HOPE TO SEE YOU HERE!
- Vibrant Downton & Waterfront including Fort Edward Lands - March 6, 2017 Group Session
- Encompassing Communications Strategy (meeting was held Mar. 20th at 6pm in Committee Rm next to Council Chambers, 100 King St).
- Diverse and Welcoming Community (meeting was held Mar. 9th).
- Emphasis on Arts, Culture & Recreation (meeting was held Thur., Mar. 23rd at 7pm in Committee Rm next to Council Chambers, 100 King St).
- Partner and Develop Community Fiber Technology Asset
- Competitive Tax Structure (meeting was held Apr. 29th at 100 King St. (no one attended; therefore, no minutes/notes were taken).
- Best Governance Structure to Achieve Goals was held Apr. 29th (no one attended; therefore, no minutes/notes were taken). (Working together initiatives: Windsor and WH Cooperation MOU Feb 8, 2017 , 2017 Joint Council Terms of Reference signed Windsor and West Hants ,)
THIS IS YOUR (OUR) COMMUNITY.
IT'S NOT (NEVER) TOO LATE TO ASK QUESTIONS, LEARN, PROVIDE INPUT, AND PARTICIPATE.