- Published: Thursday, 04 May 2017 09:19
Windsor - West Hants Visitor Guide Book 2017
The Visitor Guide Book is available in particular locations throughout town and Nova Scotia. You can also view it online by clicking Visitor Guide Book 2017.
- Published: Wednesday, 12 April 2017 16:03
Recognize Any Places? "The Mist"
"The Mist" - much of it filmed right here in Windsor. Check out the trailer and be sure to tune in to Spike TV on June 22nd for its debut "The Mist" trailer
- Published: Friday, 31 March 2017 12:35
Receive Your Utility Bill & Property Tax Bill Online with E-Post™
The Town of Windsor has teamed up with epost™ - Canada Post’s solution for electronic delivery of mail. Along with your Town of Windsor utility bill and property tax bill you can now receive other bills and statements such as your assessment notice, phone, cable, credit cards and more – in one secure place, online.
With epost, there’s one place, one login and one password. No more dealing with multiple websites, usernames and passwords just to manage your bills online.
With epost you can:
• Set up automatic email and text reminders for when bills arrive or are due
• View your bills at canadapost.ca/epost, then pay online with your bank
• Access your bills anytime on any device with the free mobile app
• Keep your bills safely stored for up to seven years
• Be assured that your information is protected with bank grade security
Getting started with epost is easy.
1. Visit canadapost.ca/epost to sign up for your free digital mailbox
2. Have your latest paper bill ready; you will need your account number and the amount of your bill.
3. Register your bill by clicking on Add a New Bill or Statement
epost™ is a trademark of Canada Post Corporation.
- Published: Tuesday, 14 March 2017 12:03
Public Engagement Sessions Re. Community Priorities
On Jan. 11, 2017, the Town held a public engagement session to discuss priorities and how to action those priorities.
Citizen and business members provided valuable input and signed up for action-items they would be interested in learning more about and/or contributing to.
On-going discussions with each individual priority group has or is still taking place...ways to action the priorities to move Windsor forward.
For more information, please click on the
Jan. 11, 2017 Public Engagement Session Notes
As each individual priority/action group meets, those notes will also be added below: (EVERYONE IS INVITED TO ATTEND THESE MEETINGS). HOPE TO SEE YOU HERE!
- Vibrant Downton & Waterfront including Fort Edward Lands - March 6, 2017 Group Session
- Encompassing Communications Strategy (meeting was held Mar. 20th at 6pm in Committee Rm next to Council Chambers, 100 King St).
- Diverse and Welcoming Community (meeting was held Mar. 9th).
- Emphasis on Arts, Culture & Recreation (meeting was held Thur., Mar. 23rd at 7pm in Committee Rm next to Council Chambers, 100 King St).
- Partner and Develop Community Fiber Technology Asset
- Competitive Tax Structure (meeting was held Apr. 29th at 100 King St. (no one attended; therefore, no minutes/notes were taken).
- Best Governance Structure to Achieve Goals was held Apr. 29th (no one attended; therefore, no minutes/notes were taken). (Working together initiatives: Windsor and WH Cooperation MOU Feb 8, 2017 , 2017 Joint Council Terms of Reference signed Windsor and West Hants ,)
THIS IS YOUR (OUR) COMMUNITY.
IT'S NOT (NEVER) TOO LATE TO ASK QUESTIONS, LEARN, PROVIDE INPUT, AND PARTICIPATE.
- Published: Tuesday, 29 November 2016 12:06
Are you interested? Want to Learn, Participate & Have a Say?
We have spots available!
The Town of Windsor is looking for you...looking for community citizens interested in learning & participating on our Boards/Committees. We currently have the following positions available:
Police Advisory Board - 1 position available for a two-year term.
Start April 1, 2017 and end March 31, 2019.
Police Advisory Board Application Form 2017
Terms of Reference
(A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required before appointment to the Board)
Please forward your application as noted below. If submitting via e-mail, please ensure "Board Citizen-Member Appointment" is in the SUBJECT LINE. If sending via mail, send to:
Shelleena Thornton, Municipal Clerk
PO Box 158, 100 King St.
Windsor, NS B0N 2T0
- Published: Thursday, 09 February 2017 15:13
Windsor and West Hants sign Memorandum of Understanding
On Feb. 8, 2017 the Municipality of West Hants (WH) and the Town of Windsor announced that they have mutually entered into a Memorandum of Understanding ("MOU") . Windsor has agreed to suspend its application for amalgamation through the UARB process sending a positive and hopeful reply to its neighbors in West Hants.
The agreement between Windsor and WH outlines a framework for a new relationship that will see the two working cooperatively on shared areas of interest that will benefit all the citizens in their respective communities. The initial objectives are intended to focus on broad areas that will serve to improve access and use of resources, services and programs while generating maximum cost benefits for both municipal units.
Mayor Allen stated, "Our collective objective is to work towards a better outcome and eventual structural change that is meaningful to our citizens and community. The MOU demonstrates
willingness to work together for the good of our regional community. The Town believes that a strong partnership with West Hants is a better way to achieve the same goals."
Warden Abe Zebian commented, "We are very pleased to be able to reach this mutually beneficial agreement with our neighbors and friends in the Town of Windsor. Over the past two months we
have had discussions that served to encourage today's announcement. We look forward to a bright, cooperative and prosperous future for all the residents of our region."
Both Warden Zebian and Mayor Allen highlighted that the people of Windsor and West Hants place great value on their public services including the resources and services that are shared with each other. Both leaders expressed enthusiastic optimism about the future for the citizens of Windsor and West Hants.