- Published: Monday, 16 October 2017 11:30
Public Participation Meeting
Wednesday, November 1, 2017 – 7:00 pm
Town Council Chambers
100 King Street, Windsor, NS
The Town of Windsor Planning Advisory Committee (PAC) will be holding a Public Participation Meeting to gain input regarding ground signs in the downtown and waterfront areas of Town.
This is following receipt of an application from a new business located in the P-CDD zone (waterfront) to amend existing planning documents to allow for a ground sign at the entrance to their business.
The current planning documents do not allow for any new ground signs in the Town Centre and Pesaquid Comprehensive Development District zones.
Planning Staff will present background information and provide options for consideration at this meeting.
Questions, concerns, and support (either for or against amendments) are encouraged.
Further information may be obtained by contacting the Town's Planning and Development Office at 902-798-6689.
- Published: Monday, 14 August 2017 09:11
Mayor's Newsletter Summer 2017 - Town of Windsor
The Summer 2017 Mayor's Newsletter has gone out in the mail. You can also view it here .
- Published: Tuesday, 25 July 2017 13:41
We want to know what you want to know about!
We recently posted on our Town's Facebook page, asking what you want to know about. We are posting it here as well (along with the Q & A Fact Sheets to the Facebook questions).
Tell us what you want the FACTS on related to the town of Windsor and we will provide you with the facts. (But please be patient with us, we may need to do some research). Maybe it's something you're keen to learn about...or maybe you're hearing/reading about some stuff and just not sure what to believe. Don't be shy, ask away.
Staff will research it and post the "Fact Sheet" below (again, please be patient). This being said, we don't know everything, and in some cases, we aren't aware of the factual history, so may not be able to provide answers. But will definitely do our best!
FACT SHEETS TO QUESTIONS ASKED
- Metal Door & Antenna on King Street (Pressure Reduction Valve) Fact Sheet July 25, 2017
- Hwy 101 Twinning Update Fact Sheet July 25, 2017
- Dog Park Fact Sheet July 25, 2017
- Delapidated Buildings in Windsor Fact Sheet Update July 25, 2017
- Proposed Arena Facility Update Fact Sheet July 25, 2017
- Waste Water Lagoon & Foul Odor Fact Sheet July, 25, 2017
- Fracking Waste Water (aka Brine) Fact Sheet July 26, 2017
- Underwood Drive Barrier Fact Sheet Aug 01, 2017 (revised since July 25 sheet)
- Mini Pygmy Goat in Windsor Fact Sheet August 1, 2017
- Lights on Wentworth Rd leading into Sobeys & Central area Fact Sheet Aug 01, 2017
- Land Use Bylaw Change Fact Sheet August 9, 2017
- Giant Wooden Hockey Puck Fact Sheet Aug 15, 2017
- Bicycle Lanes Fact Sheet Aug 15, 2017
- Published: Wednesday, 12 April 2017 16:03
Recognize Any Places? "The Mist"
"The Mist" - much of it filmed right here in Windsor. Check out the trailer and be sure to tune in to Spike TV on June 22nd for its debut "The Mist" trailer
- Published: Tuesday, 14 March 2017 12:03
Public Engagement Sessions Re. Community Priorities
On Jan. 11, 2017, the Town held a public engagement session to discuss priorities and how to action those priorities.
Citizen and business members provided valuable input and signed up for action-items they would be interested in learning more about and/or contributing to.
On-going discussions with each individual priority group has or is still taking place...ways to action the priorities to move Windsor forward.
For more information, please click on the
Jan. 11, 2017 Public Engagement Session Notes
As each individual priority/action group meets, those notes will also be added below: (EVERYONE IS INVITED TO ATTEND THESE MEETINGS). HOPE TO SEE YOU HERE!
- Vibrant Downton & Waterfront including Fort Edward Lands - March 6, 2017 Group Session
- Encompassing Communications Strategy (meeting was held Mar. 20th at 6pm in Committee Rm next to Council Chambers, 100 King St).
- Diverse and Welcoming Community (meeting was held Mar. 9th).
- Emphasis on Arts, Culture & Recreation (meeting was held Thur., Mar. 23rd at 7pm in Committee Rm next to Council Chambers, 100 King St).
- Partner and Develop Community Fiber Technology Asset
- Competitive Tax Structure (meeting was held Apr. 29th at 100 King St. (no one attended; therefore, no minutes/notes were taken).
- Best Governance Structure to Achieve Goals was held Apr. 29th (no one attended; therefore, no minutes/notes were taken). (Working together initiatives: Windsor and WH Cooperation MOU Feb 8, 2017 , 2017 Joint Council Terms of Reference signed Windsor and West Hants ,)
THIS IS YOUR (OUR) COMMUNITY.
IT'S NOT (NEVER) TOO LATE TO ASK QUESTIONS, LEARN, PROVIDE INPUT, AND PARTICIPATE.
- Published: Tuesday, 29 November 2016 12:06
Are you interested? Want to Learn, Participate & Have a Say?
We have spots available!
The Town of Windsor is looking for you...looking for community citizens interested in learning & participating on our Boards/Committees. We currently have the following positions available:
Police Advisory Board - 1 position available for a two-year term.
Start April 1, 2017 and end March 31, 2019.
Police Advisory Board Application Form 2017
Terms of Reference
(A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required before appointment to the Board)
Please forward your application as noted below. If submitting via e-mail, please ensure "Board Citizen-Member Appointment" is in the SUBJECT LINE. If sending via mail, send to:
Shelleena Thornton, Municipal Clerk
PO Box 158, 100 King St.
Windsor, NS B0N 2T0