- Published: Wednesday, 06 April 2016 11:23
Do you have questions on Windsor matters?
Do you want clarity on some things you've been hearing?
You ask and we'll answer. Some things might be able to be answered right away (during business hours); others may require a bit of time/research...but we'll respond.
NOTE: We are hoping to keep this a positive experience for all. Please be patient for responses. Only questions will be answered (statements likely won't receive a response).
Please spread the word about this!
(If by e-mail, please put “Question” in the subject line).
- Published: Thursday, 19 February 2015 14:12
Wanna Know the Goods about Town Meetings?
All of our meetings are open to the public and listed on the "events calendar" of our website for the current month. Agendas to the meetings are usually posted no later than the Friday BEFORE the scheduled meeting. Sometimes meeting dates have to be changed but we do our best to ensure they're updated on our calendar.
- Published: Monday, 26 January 2015 09:36
Storm Preparedness - Emergency Info - Are you prepared?
Basic 72 hours Emergency Preparedness Kit:
- Water (at least 2 litres per day per person and small bottles that can be easily carried);
- Food that won't spoil (canned food, energy bars & dried food);
- Manual can opener;
- Flashlight(s) and batteries;
- Battery powered or wind-up radio (and extra batteries);
- First Aid Kit;
- Special Needs Items (prescription medication, instant formula or equipment for people with disabilities);
- Extra keys for house and car;
- Cash (small bills & change for payphones); and
- Emergency Plan (include a copy of it & ensure it contains in-town and out-of-town contact information.
For more detailed information, go to Get Prepared (Government of Canada)
YOUR REGIONAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT OFFICE (REMO) EMERGENCY TOLL FREE # IS 1-877-849-4404
For more information visit our Regional Emergency Management Office (REMO), which covers Hants County.
- Published: Saturday, 24 January 2015 11:43
Windsor NS has been transformed into Winner NS
Tim Hortons is hosting and filming at Long Pond, 400 College Road today noon-3 pm. Come out and skate and enjoy some Timbit hospitality. Everyone Wins in Winner NS this afternoon.
- Published: Thursday, 16 September 2010 14:36
This is a province-wide telephone Helpline service offered by Feed Nova Scotia with partial funding from Department of Community Services. As you may be aware, Helpline is a telephone-based program that helps to strengthen families and communities by connecting people with resources and support.
The nature of the calls received through Helpline varies considerably, often relating to such issues as parenting, grief, self-harm, addictions, sexuality, domestic disputes, and food or shelter insecurity. As part of the provincial expansion, Feed Nova Scotia has placed particular emphasis on increasing its knowledge of community based services throughout the province, and strengthening its capacity in the area of parental support. Helpline provides non-clinical, empathetic support and connects callers with the services that can best be of help to them. Any calls that require emergency intervention are referred to 911.
Helpline is available toll-free to all Nova Scotians by calling 1-877-521-1188. The service has recently expanded to 15 hours per day, available 7 days a week from 8am to 11pm. It is hoped that Helpline will provide 24-hour coverage by the spring of 2011.