- Published: Monday, 26 January 2015 09:36
Storm Preparedness - Emergency Info - Are you prepared?
Basic 72 hours Emergency Preparedness Kit:
- Water (at least 2 litres per day per person and small bottles that can be easily carried);
- Food that won't spoil (canned food, energy bars & dried food);
- Manual can opener;
- Flashlight(s) and batteries;
- Battery powered or wind-up radio (and extra batteries);
- First Aid Kit;
- Special Needs Items (prescription medication, instant formula or equipment for people with disabilities);
- Extra keys for house and car;
- Cash (small bills & change for payphones); and
- Emergency Plan (include a copy of it & ensure it contains in-town and out-of-town contact information.
For more detailed information, go to Get Prepared (Government of Canada)
YOUR REGIONAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT OFFICE (REMO) EMERGENCY TOLL FREE # IS 1-877-849-4404
For more information visit our Regional Emergency Management Office (REMO), which covers Hants County.